Orange Zest Salmon
The salmon fillets cooked with orange zest and thyme make a wonderful tasty and healthy centrepiece for you to add your choice of vegetables, salad or perhaps a tabbouleh.
The picture shows the salmon before it goes under the grill to help you see how to prepare this dish.
- 4 x Good Grub Salmon Fillets
- 4 x fresh sprigs of thyme
- 2 x oranges, washed (to remove wax), zested and then sliced into quarters
- Sea salt and cracked black pepper
- Plus… whatever ingredients you may choose for your accompaniments, salad, etc.
- Preheat the grill to medium to hot
- Arrange the salmon, skin-down, on a foil or baking paper lined tray – as per the image
- Season the salmon then top with the thyme, the orange zest and a squeeze of juice from the orange pieces, then tuck the orange pieces close around the salmon – as per image
- Place the salmon under the hot grill, not too close and cook for 10 minutes without turning
- It is ready once the salmon is cooked through and the orange quarters are charred.
- Chose to leave the salmon skin on or remove – your preference (I leave it on – its the best bit)
- Serve the fish and orange pieces with your salad
Serve with your favourite salad or vegetables. In the Summer I’ll use whatever is ready from my vegetable garden, so likely to be a combination of: baby spinach leaves, rocket, cucumber (diced), tomato (diced) and sliced baby runner beans. All tossed in extra virgin olive oil. You could use balsamic vinegar if you prefer of course.
Create the salad and toss in the oil / vinegar then once ready put the salmon on top along with the charred orange pieces.